TickEase tweezers, with their fine-tipped, pointy design, were made specifically for the effective removal of engorged ticks! The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Tick Encounter Research Center (TERC) at the University of Rhode Island both recommend the use of “fine-tipped” or “pointy” tweezers for the proper and effective removal of ticks for humans.
The truth is that traditional household tweezers are designed for the removal of slivers. They are no more appropriate for removing ticks from your skin than are fine-tipped TickEase tweezers for removing slivers.
In fact, using household tweezers to remove an engorged tick increases the chances of tearing the tick, which just exacerbates the problem. And they are certainly not effective for removing tiny nymph-stage ticks.
Prompt and complete removal of engorged ticks is vital to avoiding tick-borne diseases. Only TickEase tweezers were designed for the job!
TickEase vs household tweezers
- Designed specifically to comply with the CDC’s tick removal guidelines
- The only dual-tipped tick remover available
- Safely removes ticks of all sizes, types and levels of engorgement
- For people and pets
- Made from durable stainless steel
- Can withstand the heat of an autoclave for sterilization
- Simple design is easy to use
- Effective and affordable